Monday, July 2, 2018

Canada Day Weekend

Summer weekends as they were meant to be! I finished up at Sacred Heart on Friday and rushed to Waterdown for our annual end-of-school-year ice cream!
 
Time together is the best thing about summer!
Hail, hail the gang's all here...except Mike who was supposed to make it but … Carnival woes!
Consulting on fire pit design!
 
Saturday started the first full  "do as I please" day. I pleased to go to Niagara to lunch at a winery. Our adventure buddies are always up for an outing, and as Mike still has not arrived Mary-Kate decided to join us!


13th Street Winery is one of my favourites! It's not just about the wine though. The staff are super friendly. They have interesting grounds with outdoor sculptures everywhere. The patio lunch is delicious with live music. The wine tasting and gift shop are also a great set up.

Cliff and Liz always up for an adventure!

Delicious lunch.

Live music

Still my favourite sculpture!

Us!
 
Saturday drifted into Sunday - Canada Day 🍁 Nancy and Jeffrey were hosting, and as Jeffrey was working today we offered to take the kiddies with us today so we could have fun and Nancy could get ready for the party. We spent some time just hanging at Grandma's and Poppa's house and then to cool off with a swim before the party! Rhonda and Dale were not able to join us this year for the party but kindly still offered their home and pool for some summer fun! So lovely!
 
This is the result when big brother leaves his hummus unattended!

Spitting cherry seeds and watermelon seeds #summerfun

Bathing beauties


Cute as a button!
 


A quick change into Canada Day apparel and we were party ready!
 
Ice cream dessert all ready to go - a must for Canada Day!




Blue Man Group member!
 

Loads of room in Jeffrey's and Nancy's new yard
 

 

I hate that they do it, but I must admit that my boys put on a pretty good show!

Says it all about the fun this day held!
 
This deferred leave is already working for me. I can just tell!









1 comment: